New member from Durham UK

teacheruk

Hello everyone
Have just ordered MT 09 Tracer here in the UK, delivery April 4th. Chopping my GTR 1400 in for something a bit lighter !
The Tracer is unrestricted over here and I was impressed with the test ride. It'll suit me for weekend blasts with or without my girlfriend ( soon to be wife)
Looking for clues on luggage as Yamaha are not doing hard luggage for the Euro market, strangely they are only doing some sort of soft bag.

Hi welcome to the forum
I am just up the road in Newcastle
Plenty of good info on this site

As for luggage I went for the yamaha steel rack I will then fit a givi base plate to it and use my givi monokey top box

I get my bike first of March

• Premium Member
Hello everyone Have just ordered MT 09 Tracer here in the UK, delivery April 4th. Chopping my GTR 1400 in for something a bit lighter !
The Tracer is unrestricted over here and I was impressed with the test ride. It'll suit me for weekend blasts with or without my girlfriend ( soon to be wife)
Looking for clues on luggage as Yamaha are not doing hard luggage for the Euro market, strangely they are only doing some sort of soft bag.

You can buy the lower mount online from the states and then order FJR1300 bags local. They will fit perfect, but are a tad wider (will hold a full face helmet).  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thanks for the feedback and hello Magpie- we should have a ride out sometime.
I've sussed out the hard luggage city bags whichare effectively the FJR panniers but wow thet cost a lot. Think I'll go soft bags route for the odd trip I'll do and just fit my top box also
Cheers

Guest eatpasta
Hello everyone Have just ordered MT 09 Tracer here in the UK, delivery April 4th. Chopping my GTR 1400 in for something a bit lighter !

First of all, congrats mate on getting engaged!  The women that love us in spite of our crazy motorbike obsession are the real keepers.  Second of all, congrats on the FJ! 
    Im sure both of them will be good to you....

cheers and welcome to the site!!

Archived