MotO.K Seat covers from Greece

I've just had these made up and delivered from MotO.K seat covers in Athens to the UK - had a local lady fit them.  Much better than the stock covers and cheaper than the Yamaha comfort version (which doesn't get great reviews).  I kept the foam stock but as these are much tougher and tighter than the stock vinyl, it feels like a much more comfortable seat.  Cost to me was around £100 ($140 US).  Delivery from Greece to UK was about 10 days from ordering - many different options available to match your bike - all hand made, quality is great.

https://www.motok-seats.com/store/default/yamaha-products/seat-cover-for-yamaha-mt-09-tracer.html

IMG_20180410_201618.jpgIMG_20180410_201625.jpgIMG_20180410_201638.jpgIMG_20180410_201654.jpgIMG_20180410_201712.jpgIMG_20180410_201722.jpg

Hi @trivster, the cover looks really good, but can you say some more about how they make the seat feel different/better?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Hi BBB

Yes, the material is much stiffer than the Yamaha cover which in turn makes the seat feel much more supportive - i.e. it doesn't flatten as much.  Also, the material is more grippy than the original which further enhances the quality feel of the seat.

Nice. Have you done a long ride on it yet?
Not yet!  The weather has been pretty crappy here in south west England - it's supposed to get better next week and I've got a 300 mile round trip planned to meet up with some friends.  I'll report back afterwards.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for sharing. I'm interesting to replace the oem seat because it's very uncomfortable for me even for an hours of riding. I'm hoping this will make a differnce for and long rides.
How much thicker is form than oem and how much taller will it make the bike because I had to shave off some cushion on oem seat.
Also, how much more comfortable is it compared to oem? Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else have experiences with these seat or could make a recommendations? thx

Archived