New Tracer 900GT owner from SWE

hussan

Hi!

I recently purchased a Midnight Black Tracer 900GT. I’ve been browsing around this forum before my purchase and getting some nice tips and tricks for the bike. I live in Sweden. Previously I’ve owned a KTM 990 Super Duke but since I’m about 6’6 I was not too comfortable riding this for longer distances. I was about too buy a pre-owned KTM 990 SMT too be able to do some longer rides when I came across the FJ-09/Tracer 900. I decided to go for the new 2018/2019 model and went for the GT since I wanted side bags and heated grips (very useful in Sweden ?).

I recently installed the Yamaha license plats holder along with LED indicators to clean up the rear. I had to modify the brackets a bit to be able to fit the side bags and avoid using the included extender which comes with the kit.

Here are som pictures with and without bags:

https://imgur.com/hBVbQSV

https://imgur.com/495GodK

I also installed an Arrow titanium thunder exhaust to hear to CP3-engine roar a bit more

https://imgur.com/ZrMSv7B

Looking forward to share and take part of experiences from equal riders and bikes

Thanks!

Next thing on the list is to update the software in the ECU to match the arrow exhaust and play around with throttle maps, AIS etc. I might do some tweaking to increase air inlet flow aswell.

Future plans to increase comfort include new bar risers, clutch and brake levers, new windshield (even in the highest position, I struggle a bit with winds. Again, being 6’6 brings a bit extra work to get things right when riding bikes) and maybe new seats.

Velkommen Hussan!

Funny to read that you've also owned a 990 Super Duke. I had one (
P1000760_web.jpg ) with almost everything in carbon fiber, including the fuel tank (until it cracked multiple places while riding!) .. I loved the Super Duke, but it was a pain to take any long trips because of the bad mileage. My bike had the 14l tank and I maxed out at around 12-13km per liter. So I had to get gas all the time.

Thank you so much for posting the license plate holder! I was afraid the bags wouldn't fit with it being shorter.

3_F64_C9_E0-_F5_B5-4_B60-88_BC-91_B78913435_C.jpg

Currently on a trip in Norway, the roads here are amazing! This is how the Tracer looks like next to a 6’6 / 2 meter rider grin.png

The super Duke was a really fun bike in many ways,  but the Tracer is definetely an upgrade, especially riding position for me is way better. Sometimes I miss the low end torque from the twin-engine. 

The indicators didn’t fit between the side bags from stock, even in the narrowest position. I had to cut the brackets and move the indicators approx 1,5cm on each side.

I’m thinking about installing comfort seat for longer rides. My a$$ is hurting alot after a whole day of driving.

Kennydies: yes, I’ve sen that the risers are a bit pricey, I don’t know if there’s any cheaper alternatives. I’ve also been looking at new handlebars, but I like the idea of being able to adjust the position with the risers. It might be a winter project.

Archived