Purchase Advice

Howdy,

I am writing this to inquire about an FJ-09 I have found in my local area. I am interested in the bike but don’t know much about their reliability and worth. I know they are great ridding bikes for local runs to long hauls. Link is below let me know what you guys think!

https://www.dhy.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=6610196&p=2&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Thanks,

Mike Ranalli

• Premium Member

I have 40k on the clock with zero mechanical issues.  olddawg and redfjniner have multiples of that.  Some folks have had things go wrong, nothing is 100% reliable, but my sense is that this is a very well engineered  bike, which is to be expected from Yamaha.  

Local to long haul describes the bike, possibly with some mods to optimize long range comfort, but it’s damn good right out of the box.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member

I agree with rustyshackles, my 2015 FJ09 has been very reliable, no issues, just standard maintenance. That being said, I would expect a bike with that many miles and an original 2015 to be less than 5K. That doesn't make it a bad deal, you can always negotiate the price, but I would want a better deal. 

Archived