Hola from New Mexico!

Velvet

58 minutes ago, kbob2000 said:

I brought my FJ-09 home yesterday to Albuquerque, thought it was funny to see this post.  I had a 940 mile roundtrip day, driving to Kingman, Arizona to pick it up.  Looking forward to doing some longer rides including to check out old 666. I just moved here a week ago so I have no New Mexico miles yet.

Welcome to New Mexico!  There is some good riding up your area.  When I used to live in Santa Fe I would ride SR 14 from SF down to Tijeras and also do the road up to Sandia Peak.  South of Tijeras on SR 337 is good (though I only did that once.) Also, you can go a little bit northwest past Bernalillo on US 550 and take SR 4 up to White Rock and Los Alamos (definitely recommend.)  If you go to Santa Fe, the road up to the ski basin is really good.  If you go southeast of Santa Fe to Pecos, SR 63 all of the way to Cowles is a nice ride.

Edited by Velvet
  • Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, Velvet said:

Welcome to New Mexico!  There is some good riding up your area.  When I used to live in Santa Fe I would ride SR 14 from SF down to Tijeras and also do the road up to Sandia Peak.  South of Tijeras on SR 337 is good (though I only did that once.) Also, you can go a little bit northwest past Bernalillo on US 550 and take SR 4 up to White Rock and Los Alamos (definitely recommend.)  If you go to Santa Fe, the road up to the ski basin is really good.

Thanks! Always great to get route tips!  Looking forward to a long riding season compared to my last area.