New 2019 Tracer 900 Owner

smaz

Haven't ridden in the street for 28 years, but have 20 years of dirt experience.  I was intimidated by the 900cc engine and reading some of the reviews on the bike that the throttle was touchy.  But after putting 150 miles on it, I couldn't be happier.  I have been riding in B mode and the bike is super smooth and easy to ride.  I was surprised how controllable and light the bike feels at any speed.  You can literally do figure 8s at idle without worry.  The suspension and seat feel a little stiff (I'm 6ft 165lbs), the mirrors aren't long enough as I'm looking at my arms.  Those are my only criticisms at this point, ordered mirror extensions to hopefully improve my view, possibly look for a seat cushion or new seat if I start doing longer rides.

Just wanted to post this in case others are considering the Tracer 900.  This bike can be ridden comfortably at slow speeds and has the power to tour if you want to.  Glad I bought the 900 instead of a 650 from the other manufacturers, especially since you can't beat the prices on 2019 models right now.  You get a lot of motorcycle for ~$8K.  I looked a the GT but I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the features.  I'd rather save the money to buy good gear and accessories.  

Looking forward to reading posts in the forum, nothing better than info from fellow riders.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1