What up from Northwest Indiana

wrfjr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey any of you Indiana FJers up for a ride to the Ozark Bike Fest in Missouri on Sept. 17-20th? I'm planning on leaving Friday evening. Camping along the way. hang out for the most on Saturday. Heading toward home that evening. Camping Saturday night and arriving back home in Indiana Sunday around noon. Plans could be changed just give me some ideas.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Indy Northside here... no FJ yet... working on it... Anybody have experience with Westfield Powersports? 
I have purchased from them before.  They usually have some of the best new bike prices.  However... they do add an extra 400+/- on to the price.  Even with that most places can't touch the rates on new bikes.  They move a lot of bikes.  I can't speak for the service dept at all but good prices.  If you looking for a used FJ I saw one at fox cycle in Bloomington last week.   Looked like it was in good shape.

Indy Northside here... no FJ yet... working on it... Anybody have experience with Westfield Powersports? 
I bought mine there. Certainly the cheapest new bike prices around even after their freight and document fees. Accessory pricing seems pretty high though. They didn't finish putting my bike together correctly. Bolts were loose and had fallen off by the time I got home and the ABS sensor was installed crooked so I wouldn't trust their service department either. I found a dealer in Ft. Wayne closer to me that has decent pricing on service and seems to do a good job but the bike would have cost significantly more if I bought it there. If my next bike is a Japanese bike, I will likely buy from Westfield again, trailer it home, check out all the bolts myself, then take it to the Ft. Wayne dealer for any future service. Problem is I'm leaning towards BMW for my next bike. That will be a couple years though since I'm happy with my FJ so I will likely change my mind 10 times by then. FZ-10? S1000XR? Multi? Who knows... The pseudo-adventure super sport touring market is growing by the month it seems and there's getting to be a lot of good options a different price points.

Archived