Soon to be FJ owner in socal

cjbrian

Hey everyone I'm hopefully going to be a FJ09 owner soon. Been shopping for a new bike. Started off looking at a 650 vstrom then found the FJ09 at the dealer and wanted it right away. Think I talked my dealer into a demo ride if not I will be attending a yamaha demo ride the beginning of May. So maybe a new bike soon.

• Premium Member
Good luck with the demo ride. I bought mine based solely on reviews and am not sorry. I am in the valley and a few of us ride most weekends. Would be great if you could join us on a ride when you get yours (positive thinking here!).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'm coming off a vstar 1300 most recent(cruisers aren't for me). Before that a Drz400SM and Versys. I prefer more up right and supermoto style handling bikes. Also want something comfortable for my 6'3" frame on long rides. I'm in Redlands so far Coyne and Chaparral have the lowest advertised price at $8999 but not sure what the otd price will be yet.

Guest eatpasta
I'm coming off a vstar 1300 most recent(cruisers aren't for me). Before that a Drz400SM and Versys. I prefer more up right and supermoto style handling bikes. Also want something comfortable for my 6'3" frame on long rides. I'm in Redlands so far Coyne and Chaparral have the lowest advertised price at $8999 but not sure what the otd price will be yet.
$8999 is pretty competitive.  DO NO go to Berts.  They quoted me about $14k and wanted to give me $4k for my '09 FJR then when I told them that offer was ridiculous they were kind of rude about it, then closed for the day without giving me my helmet back..... 
anyways - welcome to the site and hope you find your new bike soon!

Guest eatpasta
I also bought mine off the reviews.  It's a great bike and suits my needs perfectly (6'4" here BTW) 
I'm on the Ventura/Los Angeles County line - would love to meet up and ride with other FJ-09 inmates
Im guessing you bought yours at that dealership right where the 23 hits 101? 
I ride past it every Monday and every Friday!  If you're ever looking to tag along.....you'll have to try and keep up with the FJR

mwink_zpsqefdipbo.gif

I ride past it every Monday and every Friday!  If you're ever looking to tag along.....you'll have to try and keep up with the FJR

mwink_zpsqefdipbo.gif

TO Powersports, yeah right at the 23 and 101.  

I don't know how well the bloated FJR does in the canyons...but the FJ-09 does just fine! :D 

Guest eatpasta

mwink_zpsqefdipbo.gif

TO Powersports, yeah right at the 23 and 101.    
I don't know how well the bloated FJR does in the canyons...but the FJ-09 does just fine! :D 
Yeah, that's a great dealership.  Ive been in there many times and its nice that they've recently added Triumph.
    The FJR does surprisingly well in the canyons (sweepers) but in the tighter stuff it really starts to show it's size.... which is considerable.

Ill be heading through there tomorrow night!

Archived