New 2021 Tracer Owner

Picked up my new Tracer 9 GT today, left my FJR13 there on consignment. First impressions is it’s tall for my 30” inseam, 1st gear is really tall, the bars need more sweep, and it’s got a TON of settings! Need to study the owner’s manual heavily lol. 
Not too happy with missing fasteners on the saddlebag lid strap & side cover - factory oversights that the dealer didn’t catch...they’ll make it right.

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my new 2021 Tracer 9 GT June 26th and think it's going to be a great bike for me.

I sold my 2013 FJR last year. I agree the displays have many settings but once you look over the owners manual and actually change things they work very well. Yamaha 50L Top Box is on back order.

Have you had your 600 mile service check over done yet and how much did it cost you?

Also when I get the tires changed I'm going to install 45 degree aluminum valve stems.  Not used to riding a bike with a quick shifter, I think the clutch is very soft and I'm getting use to it.

Best Regards,

Keith

IMG_3378.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

I  have a question about the operation of the adaptive suspension operation on your new 9 GT. I just saw a new 9GT in a showroom just out of the crate, no battery power applied. I have owned an FJ-09, and a  900 GT for several years and never had any issues with the seat in the low position  with about 240 lbs. load , myself and luggage. My feet could touch the ground as the suspension sagged with my weight on the bike. 

The new 9 GT was definitely higher ( seat in low position) , and the suspension seemed locked  fully extended . Does the suspension default extended when the bike is powered off?  Does it lock under any position when the power is off?

The dealer did not know and the owners manual wasn’t any better. 

Regards,

Oldtiger

Edited by oldtiger
Spelling
  • Thumbsup 1

5 minutes ago, oldtiger said:

I  have a question about the operation of the adaptive suspension operation on your new 9 GT. I just saw a new 9GT in a showroom just out of the crate, no battery power applied. I have owned an FJ-09, and a  900 GT for several years and never had any issues with the seat in the low position  with about 240 lbs. load , myself and luggage. My feet could touch the ground as the suspension sagged with my weight on the bike. 

The new 9 GT was definitely higher ( seat in low position) , and the suspension seemed locked  fully extended . Does the suspension default extended when the bike is powered off?  Does it lock under any position when the power is off?

The dealer did not know and the owners manual wasn’t any better. 

Regards,

Oldtiger

I also noticed that forks seemed rather stiff with ignition off, and just tried my 9GT with the key on…still stiff as a board…engine running…still stiff.
Perhaps the IMU needs to sense movement to fire off the electric suspension??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/17/2021 at 9:31 AM, RFEIGLM said:

I just picked up my new 2021 Tracer 9 GT June 26th and think it's going to be a great bike for me.

I sold my 2013 FJR last year. I agree the displays have many settings but once you look over the owners manual and actually change things they work very well. Yamaha 50L Top Box is on back order.

Have you had your 600 mile service check over done yet and how much did it cost you?

Also when I get the tires changed I'm going to install 45 degree aluminum valve stems.  Not used to riding a bike with a quick shifter, I think the clutch is very soft and I'm getting use to it.

Best Regards,

Keith

IMG_3378.jpg

Keith - I apologize for missing your question about the 600 mile service. It took me some months to get 600 miles as I was distracted with track days on my RZ500! Anyway I just did the 1st service myself including throttle body synchronization check. That was the worst part, followed the factory manual which had me remove more parts than really needed. The synch was off enough to fix it, only about 3 cm. Only task I wasn’t able to do was plug in the diagnostic computer & check for faults.