Rider from the burgh (Pittsburgh, PA)

Hello,

Just got my FJ-09 last saturday when it was 80 degrees.  Got a good 60 miles on her and a sweet sunburn.  Mother nature was unhappy with me for not wearing my safety jacket though and has decided to make it cold and rainy.  Either way I have been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks now, you guys got me through the recall so I figured I'd join forces.

Got the gray model and will be ordering hard bags soon.

Hoping to pick mine up Saturday, but it may have to wait until next week as I will be out of town after that.  I'm East side of Pittsburgh and will be picking up from Hillview Powersports. Grats on the bike, I'm going for gray as well and still debating on the hard bags or not (or possibly the FJR unpainted bags)

Ah, did you work with Joe? I'm surprised you were able to pick up last Saturday due to the Recall. When I was there he mentioned someone was picking one up on Friday but he would have to call and postpone due to waiting on parts (unless Yamaha was able to get them faster since it was sold already). Did you go for the Y.E.S, $700 just seems to high to me even though they give a service discount after the fact. Also did you do any negotiating, their price is already really good but I enjoy haggling I think a bit too much.

I did work with Joe, he had initially told me a few weeks on the recall parts a week or two ago and I don't know but I guess they got parts faster then expected (I was kind of a pest to try and urge them to get the bike ready for me).  As for the price I had the same break out as the one you posted in the other thread.  I also thought it was a good price definitely the best price in Pittsburgh area.  I did try to get them to drop the price but they told me they had it marked as low as they could go.  You have a full year to decide whether you want the extended warranty or not.  I will be waiting till the last possible minute to make that choice personally.

Archived