Playing with mirror extensions, again...

• Premium Member

Because the original Bikemaster mirror extension I installed can swing around and damage the left control pod, I ordered 2 different sets of the round 40 mm long mirror extensions, one that goes between the right brake master cylinder and on the left between clutch perch, and the other set between the mirror and the OEM pivot point.   On the left I played around mixing using the Bikemaster extension and both round extensions and then removed the Bikemaster extension.   I did not install either round extension on the right side.

This resulted in the right mirror extending outward about 80 mm and the left approximately 65 mm from the end of my KTM handguards.   As far as height goes, the right is up about 90 mm and the left approximately 87 mm.

Close enough to each other for now but I won't be able to test ride until maybe June after my shoulder surgery, and then determine if they really are close enough or whether or not the differences between the two will drive me crazy.

I'm now somewhat concerned about vibration blurring the mirror on the left, which was never a problem before with just the Bikemaster extension on either side. We shall see...

20220209_124421.jpg

20220209_124952.jpg

20220209_125902.jpg