Diverse Bay Area jaunt

trench

This morning I decided to visit a bunch of the motorcycle shops to look for gear and do a short ride in twisties.  A little rain, sun, clouds, freeway, surface street, mountain road, construction, coffee shop. One cool place to get to know the bike in the turns is up and over Mt Eden on Stevens Creek Rd.  I am again reminded that this is the perfect all-round ride that is comfortable and has unlimited power and grins.  I still can't believe the price when I tell people that ask about this beauty.

I am still only a couple of hundred miles into this bike, but I do want a new seat.  This just won't fly.  

Glad to hear your comments on suspension/handling. I've just posted a topic on handling so glad to see your comments.
I've ridden bit down your way, doing our Two Mountain Ride, every super Bowl Sunday. Diverse IS the right word! We start at Mount Diablo, then South on Morgan Territory to Mine's rd. South and over to Mt. Hamilton, then down to Sierra Rd. then back North for lunch in Sunol. Nice riding! Did that ride every year for about 20 years ... but not lately. I miss it! Very challenging roads ... especially with snow up top!

I'm in San Rafael, X Sunday Morning Ride Hooligan. (rofl)
Still here ... considering an FJ ... thanks for your comments!
Cheers,
Patrick

Definitely check out the FJ-09.  This really is a sport bike with an excellent riding position that allows longer rides in all conditions.  I have not been displeased with suspension yet, but I haven't pushed it too hard under break-in.  I'll have to check out your ride circuit.  Metcalf Rd from 101 to the motorcycle park is a challenging, but fun road as well. 

Definitely check out the FJ-09.  This really is a sport bike with an excellent riding position that allows longer rides in all conditions.  I have not been displeased with suspension yet, but I haven't pushed it too hard under break-in.  I'll have to check out your ride circuit.  Metcalf Rd from 101 to the motorcycle park is a challenging, but fun road as well.   

[div align=left]I'm mostly a North Bay guy, but my former riding group would do South Bay, Central Coast and Big Sur coast rides all the time.  
[div align=left]If you haven't explored the roads in and around Big Sur, San Luis Obisbo, Ferguson-Nacimiento rd (go through Army base) and lots more. You can do day rides or multi day rides. We use Pismo Beach as a base, ride routes from there. Usually do about 150 to 250 miles per day, mostly small, technical back roads.

We also hit the Sierra starting this time of year. Death Valley is still doable, but soon will be too hot.
Best time for DV is late Fall. We do a 5 pass ride ... a long one.
Have fun, rubber side down!

Patrick

Archived