Proud New Owner!

mace

I picked up my fj09 this week. I had the same issue I read about in here with the sensor so it had to go back but it is now home again. I only have 20 miles on it and almost half of that is from the dealer test riding after the sensor issue. I bought the charcoal colored one and love the look. It rides like a dream! The only thing I am unsure of is when I give it gas I think I hear a ticking/buzzing/vibrating sound. I think maybe its normal? It doesn't make the sound when you coast or let off the throttle. I am not used to this kind of bike.  My last bike was a vtx1800 cruiser; quite a different sound and ride. I selected this bike for commuting and also taking a few rides through the mountains here in Colorado.
So far I am really impressed with this bike. I wish I could get a few decent days of weather and take it for a nice long spin!

• Premium Member
I picked up my fj09 this week. I had the same issue I read about in here with the sensor so it had to go back but it is now home again. I only have 20 miles on it and almost half of that is from the dealer test riding after the sensor issue. I bought the charcoal colored one and love the look. It rides like a dream! The only thing I am unsure of is when I give it gas I think I hear a ticking/buzzing/vibrating sound. I think maybe its normal? It doesn't make the sound when you coast or let off the throttle. I am not used to this kind of bike.  My last bike was a vtx1800 cruiser; quite a different sound and ride. I selected this bike for commuting and also taking a few rides through the mountains here in Colorado. So far I am really impressed with this bike. I wish I could get a few decent days of weather and take it for a nice long spin!
Coming off a cruiser, I wonder if you are lugging the motor (shifting at too low of an RPM)? Try shifting at a higher RPM and see what you think. The triple does make some weird noises, but all are normal so far.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I could be.  I am trying to keep the rpms low like the manual states.  I haven't ridden a bike like this in oh...15+ years. I will tell you this, I feel like I have been missing out! This bike is light, fast, nimble and an absolute blast to ride. I am so happy I picked it up. I finally have that grin on my face again when I ride.

I could be.  I am trying to keep the rpms low like the manual states.  I haven't ridden a bike like this in oh...15+ years. I will tell you this, I feel like I have been missing out! This bike is light, fast, nimble and an absolute blast to ride. I am so happy I picked it up. I finally have that grin on my face again when I ride.
Congratulations!  I felt the same way when I got mine.  My newest bike was a 2000 ZX-11 Kawasaki.  No ABS, no Traction Control, no multiple driving modes and 550 pounds to push around the garage.  I love the ZX-11 but when I first took the FJ-09 on the same twisty roads I'd ridden a million times on the older bike I was like "holy crap!  What a difference!"  I still love the Ninja for pure straight line acceleration, but I love the FJ-09 for almost everything else!  Ride safe....

Archived