Tracer 900 GT windshield compatibility with Tracer 9 GT?

robzilla

Hey guys & gals,

New '22 Tracer 9 GT owner here and have been reading/following some threads on mods and items of note. One thing I want to change is the windshield but can't find for certain.... is the windshield from the '19-20 Tracer 900 GT compatible with the '21 and up Tracer 9 GT?

Thanks and looking forward to helping/posting on this forum!

Robert

On that same note, is the Yamaha touring windscreen the same for 2019-2020 Tracer 900 and Tracer GT? They have the same product page (https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/tracer-900-touring-windshield?dealernumber=), albeit with different product IDs but wasn't sure if they were identical as sometimes only the IDs are different.

B1J-F83J0-V0-00
TRACER 900(2020, 2019)

B5U-F83J0-V0-00
TRACER 9 GT(2022, 2021)
  • Thumbsup 1

^^ Exactly, someone else was paying attention too. 😊 Although I’m thinking of going with a different brand of windshield (National Cycle’s VStream windshield).

So am curious if the install holes at least match between any and all years. I don’t mind doing a little DIY to fit the hand guards.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, motoontheweekend said:

On that same note, is the Yamaha touring windscreen the same for 2019-2020 Tracer 900 and Tracer GT? They have the same product page (https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/tracer-900-touring-windshield?dealernumber=), albeit with different product IDs but wasn't sure if they were identical as sometimes only the IDs are different.

B1J-F83J0-V0-00
TRACER 900(2020, 2019)

B5U-F83J0-V0-00
TRACER 9 GT(2022, 2021)

You aren't the first person to notice this 🙂:

Lots of good information in that thread on windscreens for the '21 and up models.

11 hours ago, robzilla said:

^^ Exactly, someone else was paying attention too. 😊 Although I’m thinking of going with a different brand of windshield (National Cycle’s VStream windshield).

So am curious if the install holes at least match between any and all years. I don’t mind doing a little DIY to fit the hand guards.

Correct, the install holes match. Just need to adjust for handguards.

• Thumbsup 3