I'm Hi Tech, to an extent

• Premium Member

Extent def. the amount to which something is or is believed to be the case

Those who know me know I can be technical, to an extent 

The question "Does Tech add to the motorcycling experience, or to an extent, detract from it?"

Motorcycle Tech wise I'm happy with the things I've incorporated in all my motorcycles, like better lighting, brakes, suspension, tires, saddle, bars, throttle lock, and heated gear but those are old Tech. B-24 crews wore full 24v heated gear and had throat mics.

The biggest tech I've added to my repertwar is music and GPS

Now my FJ09 is the most high Tech motorcycle I've ever owned with fuel injection, led lighting, electronic CC (McCruise), ABS brakes, traction control, throttle modes, USD forks, front radial calipers and master cylinder (R1 + 320 rotors) and adjustable suspension, the latter to an extent.

Has all this tech settled-in for me?

To an extent.

However, I still get giggles from my Ipod though per photo

I have a video too

20221223_172723.jpg

I like a bike to behave like an old-tech machine.  I like to hear gears whining and shimmering.  I like to get a healthy clunk when shifting.  I like the bike to be barely comfortable for an hour, such that I must push my 74 years old frame into an "athletic" posture.  I like, when I get back home, to feel like I DID SOMETHING HARD.

Not sure why I am this way.  In younger, healthier times I was a daily habitual 5 mile runner.  Could not feel satisfied unless I had thrashed myself completely.  At this moment I am running a fever from Covid.  Wife suggests I take tylenol for the fever, I decline, saying the fever is a good thing, I embrace it.  In fact, I'm thinking of taking a solo ride today on Tracer.  High temp will be nearly 80 with perfect conditions.  Can't think of a better safer place to have covid than in the saddle of a groovy motorcycle.