Heated Grips - Recommendations?

So, I'm somewhat of a pansy when it comes to having cold hands.  Heated grips will probably be the first modification I'll make on my FJ09.  My MC is my primary form of transportation whenever possible, and barring any truly "extreme" weather, I frequently ride in rain and in temperatures well into the 20s (F).

My priorities are A) Reliability, B) Ability to Get Really Freaking Warm, and C) Ease of Operation.  I'll likely get them installed at the dealership, so I'm not too concerned with ease of installation.  Regarding price, I very consciously went with the cheap-o, throw-over soft saddlebags so that I could "justify" buying nice heated grips...

Any/all suggestions/recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Many here have fitted the Yamaha heated grips. I'm still waiting for my set to come off back order from Yamaha. Last date given was May 4th but that just means when the warehouse MAY receive them, not me. If you search this forum you'll find many threads on their heated grips.

• Premium Member
If you can get a set of the Yamaha ones then do so. They integrate into the display and switchgear.

If you want cheaper ones then they Daytona Grips such as these are excellent http://daytona-global.com/products/?page=Products_SubCategs&mfrID=9&categID=13 - I had a set on my Super Tenere with that old school rotary controller. There is a version now with a more modern looking controller.

I have also found that a set of neoprene muffs made by Tucano Urbano will fit inside the stock hand guards. Muffs & grips are the best solution for winter commuting. Thread here http://fj-09.org/thread/851/tucano-urbano-neoprene-muffs
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

It has been said... OEM... awesome integration into the switch gear on the bars and the dashboard. And they are very hot anywhere above the mid-range settings.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

I just saw OEM heated grip set # 2PP-H29A0-V0-00 listed on Ebay from a dealer in Akron Ohio with free shipping included. Says three sets available for $255.00 per set. Nothing about ordering. Maybe they have them in stock for those who've waiting.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

HaHa... Too awesome - just in time for the honest beginning of summer.  Sounds about right.  I waited through two months of awesome riding weather to get my finances set before picking up my new bike, and now... rain forecasted for no less than a week solid. :'(

Archived