Heed Crash Bars

22 hours ago, heathy said:

Simple question folks. Do I need to remove my Heed crashbars in order to remove the fairing panels in order to fit a radiator guard?

And what year is your bike? Anyway, you don’t need to remove fairings in order to install radiator guard but if you really  want to you don’t have to remove Heed crash bars (on  first generation).

Rick, it's a 2020 Tracer 9GT and you do need to remove the panels to get to the four fixing bolts. The question is, do I need to remove the crash bars to get the panel off.

Update. Had a go today at removing the panels and the Heed crashbars do have to be removed. Remember if your doing it, one side at a time and put the original bolts back in, or the engine drops on the floor

• Supporting Member

That's a P.I.T.A. having to remove the bars.👎 I have Hepco +Becker bars on my GT, and thankfully I didn't need to remove them. 👍

Edited by Kenny A.

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

On 3/8/2023 at 5:15 AM, heathy said:

Rick, it's a 2020 Tracer 9GT and you do need to remove the panels to get to the four fixing bolts. The question is, do I need to remove the crash bars to get the panel off.

As I mentioned above (I was talking about first generation). I don’t know what radiator guard you’ve got but I installed it on my 2019 without removing panels. It wasn’t easy but it is done.