Hello from Slovenia

priboy

Hello from Slovenia to all forum members!

Slovenia? What, what, what, is probably what a lot of you are thinking :) . And no I am not from Slovakia  ;) .

For those how might not know where that is, I will help you a bit: SLOVENIA map

A small country in which you can see Alps, Adriatic Sea, flats and caves in one day and of course some very nice roads for riding. So if you are ever in my part of the woods do give me a call, you are most welcome.

So on Wednesday I have finally became a proud owner of Yamaha Tracer (FJ09). After 7 hours marathon wait at the dealer (on problem with the papers, after the other) I was finally able to take my precious home 8-) . Now I am happy![span id=transmark][/span]

• Premium Member
Hi

I have been on holiday to Slovenia, riding from the UK, on 2 occasions. First time was riding a Honda CBR600 in 1999 before you joined the EU and had your own currency. Second time was riding a BMW R1150GS in 2005 after you were in the EU and had the Euro currency. Beer was more expensive in Euros!

Slovenia is a beautiful country and the people are very welcoming. The Julian Alps are highly recommended. I love the road over the Passo di Predil down through the Soca Valley and on to Postojna.

I must return one day to explore your capital city and the eastern half of the country as I have not gone any further east than Bled.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Slovenia? What, what, what, is probably what a lot of you are thinking :) . And no I am not from Slovakia  ;) .

A small country in which you can see Alps, Adriatic Sea, flats and caves in one day and of course some very nice roads for riding. So if you are ever in my part of the woods do give me a call, you are most welcome.

I passed through Slovenia in 2002, riding a 1986 Honda NS400R. Did you see me?  8-) Nice country.

Welcome to the forum!
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Hi 
I have been on holiday to Slovenia, riding from the UK, on 2 occasions. First time was riding a Honda CBR600 in 1999 before you joined the EU and had your own currency. Second time was riding a BMW R1150GS in 2005 after you were in the EU and had the Euro currency. Beer was more expensive in Euros!

Slovenia is a beautiful country and the people are very welcoming. The Julian Alps are highly recommended. I love the road over the Passo di Predil down through the Soca Valley and on to Postojna.

I must return one day to explore your capital city and the eastern half of the country as I have not gone any further east than Bled.

Unfortunately  beer isn't the only thing that is more expensive since Euro. But look on the bright side; if you order it in bars/pubs it is still cheaper as [span id=transmark][/span]an apple juice :D .

The capital is definitely worth checking out, specially the old part of the city. I also recommend that you visit Škocjan caves if you'll have the chance. Probably one of the nicest cave system in Europe and protected by UNESCO.

I passed through Slovenia in 2002, riding a 1986 Honda NS400R. Did you see me?  8-) Nice country. 
Welcome to the forum!
So that was you, that I was overtaking on my Aprilia Scooter 8-) . Just kidding ;) . Next time you are passing through, we can have a beer ... or an apple juice, it depends how much you are prepared to spend :D
I am glad you liked it.[span id=transmark][/span]

Archived