TPS Part number help - 2015 FJ09

Hey y'all,

been a while since I had to take the beast apart! I'm getting loss of throttle control while riding. Time for a new TPS I suspect. I've been searching but I am having trouble finding what I am sure is the right part. Lots of links for buying parts come up in the search. Many don't have images or associated bikes even. Google really is shite these days.

Anyway, if you knw the part number for the TPS for a 2015 I would be most grateful.

doc

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Look in the Yamaha parts diagrams; Googlery and fleaBay will do no good here. It's on the "intake" fiche.

This is the online parts sales arm of one of the dealers local to me, and where I most often buy parts. There are several others around the US.

https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/oemparts/a/yam/546a26cbf87002164cb28018/intake

#11 on the diagram (13S-85885-01-00) is the TPS, which reads the actual position of the throttle shaft (controlled by the ECU).

#13 ( 1MC-85884-01-00 ) is the "Accelerator" sensor, which reads the input from the rider and sends it to the ECU.

Perhaps we need to back up a little. Which one do you think is bad, and why? 

I think its the TPS but I'm not sure. Bike loses throttle control completely, drops to idle and I have to power cycle the whole thing to get control back. Happened 3 times a couple weeks ago. No bueno!

Had a similar issue on my FZ6, but that was way back when and I'm not even sure that bike had an APS.

Thanks for the link, i'll take a look. Also probably going to remove them both and clean the connections to see if that helps first. The old girl deserves some new parts but I'm not wanting to drop hundreds if I can avoid it.

• Thumbsup 1
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

On 4/4/2024 at 1:12 PM, docsimple said:

under $200 for both sensors ain't bad though!

Yeah, this is my first Yamaha, and Mama Yama's friendly parts pricing is a significant and unexpected benefit of ownership over the other Japanese OEMs.

Before you drop the coin, it would be a good idea to get in there and inspect everything closely for wiring, connector, and other physical damage, or corrosion. I think the manual gives some ohmmeter readings for these sensors, so with an old-school analog meter with a needle, you could work the mechanism and see whether the output seems jumpy.