XSR900 GP - Retro Beauty!

andz

Yamaha have gone back to the 80s with this gorgeous XSR900 GP, I love the checkerblock design and this is a real stunner!

Just dump the pipe for an Akrapovic Carbon Line and it will be perfect.

image.png.72fce569d01bfd5323903a33a5588ff0.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

Had a deposit on one with the hopes it would come to the US for ‘24, something a dealer told me would happen. When it didn’t I traded my ‘20 Tracer GT in on a ‘24 Street Triple RS; not the 900GP but a fun bike none the less. 

I have it on good authority (not the above mentioned dealer), however, that the R9 is in the final stages of development, the race teams are currently testing it (he has an in with a Yamaha backed race team) and the R9 is definitly coming in ‘25. It’s a replacement for the R6 so it will be track focused like the R7 is but a speedy, faired, CP3 motored fun bike will be in the US by the end of the year.

• Thumbsup 3

I just snagged a Retro Beauty for my "up north summer job bike" I could have towed up the FJ09 but alas I sold the trailer. I picked up a 2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe. It's a real sweet bike and I can't decide which bike is better. Love them both. Yamaha has much better wind protection but lacks some it factor. The triple cylinder engine is where the should of this   bike lives. The Cafe oozes charm and a blast to ride. So many bikes so little time.

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 4.58.59 PM.png

• Thumbsup 5