Shad bags

Nice looking bags! Can you fit a full face helmet in the bags? Thanks!
Yes, the side cases will take a single full face helmet and the SH48 can accommodate two helmets. 
Source: I have the same bags (except I have the SH39 top case, which only holds 1 full and one 3/4 helmet).
//QED

I've also got the Shad panniers & the 48 top box, great bits of kit, recently took a ride to the coast with the wife & we got both full face helmets, 2 x pairs of boots, 2 x bike jackets, 2 x jeans, 2 x pairs of gloves & various small items in them so we could walk round in shorts & flip flops.

@offo: a question. Did you swap out the lock cylinder on the 48, so that they could all use the same key? The guys at my garage tried to do it with me, but it wouldn't fit. Did you encounter any such troubles? Thx
Yes i did, the spare lock barrel supplied was slightly too big to go into the black metal surround, i carefully filed mine down enough so it would fit, you need to file both the barrel & the lock pins with a fine file, it works well now.
I did email Shad direct to see if they were aware of the problem though, they sent me out a new modified (slightly larger hole) black metal surround (which by then i didn't need :D) so they obviously are aware.

• 2 months later...

Archived