Ahoy there! FZ-09 Owner from Pittsburgh, PA.

weaponzero

Ahoy there.  My name is Sean, I'm 34, I'm an aspie, and I own an FZ-09 in Blazing Orange.  But this post isn't about me.  I'm posting on behalf of my dad, who, to be honest, is not a fan of forums lol.

He's turning 60 in January.  He used to ride a lot back in the 1970s, but sold his bike (A Honda CB400 Cafe Racer) when he found out mom was pregnant with me.  He recently got back into riding about two years ago when he bought himself a used 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S50 cruiser.  He put a lot of miles on it before he decided he wanted something sportier, but didn't deviate too far from comfy, cruiser-like ergonomics.  He's ridden my bike and likes it, but there are a few things he'd change to suit his riding style.  Budget is a huge concern because his job situation may be changing after new years.  He's narrowed it down to the FJ-09, or, if money is tighter, an FZ-07.  He's leaning more toward the FJ-09, but if money doesn't permit, then FZ-07.

The FJ-09 seems like a good choice for him, but if "bang for the buck" is a consideration then you cannot beat the FZ-07. I love mine.
Thanks.  That would be my opinion as well.  Knowing what I know now, I would generally steer anyone in the direction of the FZ-07 over the 09 unless they were willing to drop an extra grand and a half or so on mods to "fix" it.  The 09 has the potential to be a better bike in the end, but the 07 is more of a "complete" package.  No mods needed to ride it and ride it fairly hard.  The 09 is more of a "some assembly required" project bike out the door.  I assume Yamaha fixed those issues with the FJ.

Ahoy there.  My name is Sean, I'm 34, I'm an aspie, and I own an FZ-09 in Blazing Orange.  But this post isn't about me.  I'm posting on behalf of my dad, who, to be honest, is not a fan of forums lol. 
He's turning 60 in January.  He used to ride a lot back in the 1970s, but sold his bike (A Honda CB400 Cafe Racer) when he found out mom was pregnant with me.  He recently got back into riding about two years ago when he bought himself a used 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S50 cruiser.  He put a lot of miles on it before he decided he wanted something sportier, but didn't deviate too far from comfy, cruiser-like ergonomics.  He's ridden my bike and likes it, but there are a few things he'd change to suit his riding style.  Budget is a huge concern because his job situation may be changing after new years.  He's narrowed it down to the FJ-09, or, if money is tighter, an FZ-07.  He's leaning more toward the FJ-09, but if money doesn't permit, then FZ-07.
Hey Sean & Sean's Dad welcome to this awesome forum.  Such a cool story about your dad.  So glad to hear that your dad hasn't lost his love for riding after 34 years.  It's so great he's considering getting a FJ-09, or, an FZ-07. 
If time isn't of the essence, I would definitely hold out for the FJ-09.  It sounds like it is going to be amazing and Yamaha has great plans for it.  Meanwhile, Blazing Orange is a sweet color. 

Archived