Anybody use a MadStad screen setup on their FJ-09?

bttrthnwrk

• Premium Member
I'm thinking about changing out my aftermarket screen for one using brackets like the MadStad Robobracket with either an 18" or 20" screen. Part of that is due to the fact that my current screen is crazing at places along the edges, and part of that is that the Robobracket setup from MadStad looks as though it'll support an additional home-brew bolt-on bracket for a camera and/or maybe a phone so I can get those things off the handlebars.

I used to own a bracketed windscreen (not MadStad) on another bike that worked okay EXCEPT for at night. The brackets forced the windscreen out so far in front of the bike that the screen picked up a ton of glare from the headlight, making night riding pretty tough. During the summer here in Tucson, night riding is the best kind, since it usually cools down below 100 (F) by 9 or 10 or so.

Any experience with the MadStad on the FJ (particularly at night)?

Thanks.
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

• Premium Member
I just did a write up here: http://fj-09.org/thread/2137/madstad-windscreen-experience . (See notes about my measurements etc.)

As for night time at lower speeds, yah, looking THROUGH the screen is not ideal. It does adjust easily, so if it bugs me enough I may just slide the screen all the way down (thumbscrews, easy to do).

Guest branthopolis
I am 5'8" and have the 20" madstad.. After playing around with positioning, my best results are with it all the way lowered and tilted back about 62 degs or so.. Noticably less buffeting than the stock screen and I can ride comfortably around town without earplugs. Any long or fast rides I use ear plugs though more due to the roar coming from the venting on my loud ass Arai helmet...

Archived