Headlight Shroud

offo

I noticed last night that the headlight shroud (fairing) doesn't meet up very well with the right hand side petrol tank plastic trim, the left side seats perfectly but the right side is almost 1cm short of a good join, riding in today i'm now conscious of this fact & the hole headlight & shroud assembly seems to be on the huuh & not sitting straight, this is going to bug me now until i sort something.

Has anyone else got/had the same thing & was it simply a matter of loosening bolts & jiggling bits about or something more involved?

• Premium Member
I noticed last night that the headlight shroud (fairing) doesn't meet up very well with the right hand side petrol tank plastic trim, the left side seats perfectly but the right side is almost 1cm short of a good join, riding in today i'm now conscious of this fact & the hole headlight & shroud assembly seems to be on the huuh & not sitting straight, this is going to bug me now until i sort something. 
Has anyone else got/had the same thing & was it simply a matter of loosening bolts & jiggling bits about or something more involved?
Show us a picture of what you mean, but if it is what I think, easy to adjust. Just loosen the screws, shift the plastic, and tighten back up while holding in the correct position.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I've noticed the headlight assembly is very slightly tilted, by maybe 1-2 degrees.  It's so minor that I can't even see it until I'm riding at speed and the steering fully aligns itself from gyroscopic forces.  It still makes me crazy, because that's just how I roll.

I haven't looked for the gap you mention, but now I'll have to.
//QED

Yep. Sounds exactly like my bike. No matter what i do i still can't get it together properly. Left side no probs.

I've got mine to look slightly better by loosening screws, pushing on the headlight assembly & re tightening the screws as suggested but it's still not right & annoying me, it's almost like the headlamp mounting bracket hasn't been made straight or something!
I'll see if i can get a picture tonight & try to post it up, not tried that yet on here! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived