New to the FJ-09, not YAMAHA

denbsteph

Greetings!! 

I'm here because I bought a 2015 FJ-09 last Saturday. Today I rolled up to the 900 mile mark. Do you think I like the bike? HELL YES!!!
I have ridden it only in "standard" mode. So far the bike is unreal, no need to get out of standard mode. I have owned many a bike, the latest was a BMW, if you want to know how I felt about that bike PM me, I'll tell you all about it, most of it..........is not favorable. Anywho, before that was a 2006 FZ1. It gave out at the 99,000 mile mark last month....RIP., the bike was unbelievable, but I believe I found a pretty good replacement. Although, it is too early to give a full 100% review at this point, I honestly believe that YAMAHA has got a real winner here. it pulls great thru the RPM's, dips into the turns great, breaking is beyond expectation. Maybe it's just me, but at times, especially around the 3.75-4.0 RPM range, in any gear, sounds like a 2 stroke, Is it just me? The bike feels like I'm riding a true Enduro made for the street.....maybe I have found something else in the FJ, but it sure rides/fits good for my 5'2", 16" inseam..........HA!

YAMAHA really has a winner in the FJ-09.

DB

• Premium Member
Greetings!!  
I'm here because I bought a 2015 FJ-09 last Saturday. Today I rolled up to the 900 mile mark. Do you think I like the bike? HELL YES!!!
I have ridden it only in "standard" mode. So far the bike is unreal, no need to get out of standard mode. I have owned many a bike, the latest was a BMW, if you want to know how I felt about that bike PM me, I'll tell you all about it, most of it..........is not favorable. Anywho, before that was a 2006 FZ1. It gave out at the 99,000 mile mark last month....RIP., the bike was unbelievable, but I believe I found a pretty good replacement. Although, it is too early to give a full 100% review at this point, I honestly believe that YAMAHA has got a real winner here. it pulls great thru the RPM's, dips into the turns great, breaking is beyond expectation. Maybe it's just me, but at times, especially around the 3.75-4.0 RPM range, in any gear, sounds like a 2 stroke, Is it just me? The bike feels like I'm riding a true Enduro made for the street.....maybe I have found something else in the FJ, but it sure rides/fits good for my 5'2", 16" inseam..........HA!

YAMAHA really has a winner in the FJ-09.

DB
16 inch inseam?, how do you shift? Anyhow, glad you like the bike as much as I do, and welcome aboard.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived