Any regrets?

badgerfan

so , haven't bought yet, I currently have a 2013 fz08 , went to my local dealer to buy saddle bags and a better windscreen and stumbled across the fj 09 , looks like a better riding position and better motor ,(the fz08 is the outgoing 4 cylinder ) . Are you all happy with the handling ? I come from a dirt bike background and as far as road bikes I have an 08 cbr 1000rr and a 2010 Suzuki drz sm that I take to the super Moto track on occasion , being 50 I should be looking at something in more of a relaxed position but in reality the fz 08 is actually kind of slow, so ....., as far as cornering and riding in traffic is everyone pretty happy ? I've no doubt that this bike will beat mine in a straight out drag race but honestly I don't care about that , its more about handling at speed, maneuverability and I guess flick ability? not looking to race it but sometimes parking lots can be the scariest place on earth , .thank you for reading.  

• Premium Member
If you have an FZ8 and are happy with it then I wouldn't bother changing to an MT09 Tracer/FJ09

@Johan and I have Tracers and we were accompanied on holiday by a friend on her Fazer 8 which is a FZ8 with a screen and a small fairing. Performance of the 2 bikes is very similar and with a few modification you could make an FZ8 a decent tourer. For me, the triple motor is preferable to an inline 4 but other than that I'd probably be happy with the Fazer.

If your FZ8 is a ratty old dog then a FJ09 would be a good replacement. If you want something with a lot of extra performance, look then you will be on the CBR anyway.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
If you have an FZ8 and are happy with it then I wouldn't bother changing to an MT09 Tracer/FJ09  
@johan and I have Tracers and we were accompanied on holiday by a friend on her Fazer 8 which is a FZ8 with a screen and a small fairing. Performance of the 2 bikes is very similar and with a few modification you could make an FZ8 a decent tourer. For me, the triple motor is preferable to an inline 4 but other than that I'd probably be happy with the Fazer.

If your FZ8 is a ratty old dog then a FJ09 would be a good replacement. If you want something with a lot of extra performance, look then you will be on the CBR anyway.
When I ordered my Tracer that was a backlog and the dealer had a Fazer8 sitting on the floor with a significant discount, also in Race Blue. I was very tempted but then they found a Tracer - and I don't regret it. The Fazer8 is a very nice bike, smooth but you lean forward more than on the Tracer. It has decent top end performance but I think the Tracer has a stronger mid range. In my opinion the difference is in riding position and engine - in my opinion the triple has a lot more character. You may well find that Fazer8 riders don't complain about the head shake! 

Archived