problem solved by dealer

• Premium Member
I just did the 4000 mile oil change the other day. If it burned any oil at all in the 3400 miles since the 600 mile change I couldn't tell; it was still topped off in the sight glass. I would take it to a dealer, that could be indicative of a real problem, and if it is you'll want it taken care of while it's still under warranty.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
I have 4000 miles on my FJ. The bike does not smoke, but it burns about 8 oz of oil in 500 miles of riding. Has anyone else had this issue, and know what I can do about it? I'm adding oil to my bike all the time and it is only 4 months old.
The oil has to be going somewhere if not being burned. Check for leaks.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I have 4000 miles on my FJ. The bike does not smoke, but it burns about 8 oz of oil in 500 miles of riding. Has anyone else had this issue, and know what I can do about it? I'm adding oil to my bike all the time and it is only 4 months old.
I thought you sold it: "I'm selling my GPR stabilizer. I had it on my bike for less than 100 miles. I am disabled and had some set backs with my health and I sold my FJ-09."

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Just a thought, is it perhaps being overfilled? I know some bikes like to seek their own level. Bike perfectly level where you check it/fill it? On the centerstand?

I'm with jimf, mine doesn't seem to use a drop between changes. And I ride it hard when chasing Ulewz through the canyons...ridin.gif

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
Mine does not use oil - check you are using the correct procedure for checking the level. If you overfill it, the oil will likely get chucked out somewhere - into the airbox through the crankcase breather is favourite. This was a common problem induced by BMW boxer twin owners so BMW put a drain hole in the airbox to stop the paper filter getting clogged with excess oil.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived