Ringing Rocks

ayrton

A friend asked me if I had ever visited the ringing rocks.  Huh?  So I did a bit of research.  This is a county park about 55 miles from me. 

It was a great day for a ride.  I felt a little dumb, but I took a hammer in my side bags along with hiking shoes.

Not far from Doylestown, in Bucks County PA (where the movie "Signs" was filmed) there is this little park with a boulder field.  I have been to a boulder field before in the Poconos - it was fun - you climb and jump from rock to rock over boulders in a field about the size of 5-6 football fields.  This was smaller. 

So 200 yard walk on a trail thru the woods, and then there it is.  I climbed and jumped from boulder to boulder.  There were lots of moms with kids, a couple from Germany, and a few other people.  So, you go and hit the rocks with a hammer and they ring.  All different tones and notes, high and low, rings and bells.  Some are duds.  But it is easy to find the good ones.  Probably 85% of them ring nicely.  Here is the science:  [url=]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringing_rocks

Very cool little place.  Great day for a ride.  Sorry, don't know how to post pics or video.

• 2 months later...
You had me at Ringing Rocks...but I was thinking near Butte, Montana! Definitely a little more challenging ride than I normally make on my FJ! Still the science and the sound is similar and the name remains the same! Very cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived