Another new guy

rider

• Premium Member
New guy from the Bay area sayin hi to all you FJ riders. Picking up my new bike on Saturday 9/26 and cant wait to try it out. Been riding longer than I like to admit to and been around the bay a few times. Looking forward to learning and sharing information about this awesome new bike and maybe meeting some local guy's. Cheer's

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

• Premium Member
I know what you mean, I'm getting all the bags for it while I get a discount and its still " those bags are how much?"

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

I convinced my wife that I should have this bike because the cost after trade in was minimal. Since then, my wallet has been hemorrhaging for farkles. But I NEEDED the bags! And I NEEDED the windshield! And I NEEDED the adjustable levers! And I NEEDED the heated grips! And it just keeps going...
//QED

• Premium Member
I'm lucky my wife learned years ago it never ends and she has excepted it, doesn't like it much but understands it.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

• Premium Member
Thanks, This bike has become one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned and I only have 150 miles on it. I was looking ay a new FZ1 but after reading reviews, guy's on this forum and watching video's I changed to this great bike and I'm glad I did.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

New guy from the Bay area sayin hi to all you FJ riders. Picking up my new bike on Saturday 9/26 and cant wait to try it out. Been riding longer than I like to admit to and been around the bay a few times. Looking forward to learning and sharing information about this awesome new bike and maybe meeting some local guy's. Cheer's
Welcome! Had my bike now since June, love it! Commute from Redwood City to Fremont and have about 1600 miles now. 
Enjoy and see you on the road!

• Premium Member
I came across the bay bridge last Saturday on my way home with it and there was so much traffic, and I was thinking that this has to be one of the best bikes for traffic. You sit up tall, its narrow, and fast. That's the one thing I miss about commuting is not getting to ride everyday.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

Also from the Bay Area, Gilroy to be exact.
Had mine for one month and have 2100 miles on it.
I did the re flash and looking for the best suspension upgrade for my next farkle.
Hope to meet other FJ owners and, really want to hear some after market exhaust.
Enjoy your bike and hope to see you on the road.
Roger

• Premium Member
I came across the bay bridge last Saturday on my way home with it and there was so much traffic, and I was thinking that this has to be one of the best bikes for traffic. You sit up tall, its narrow, and fast. That's the one thing I miss about commuting is not getting to ride everyday.
It can be even narrower if you're willing to pull those ginormous hand guards off! I did, and I am WAY happier lanesplitting now.

BTW I live in SF and ride all over the Bay Area, have been south to LA and north to Humboldt. I highly recommend hard luggage of some sort for SF--soft luggage doesn't cut it in this city. I have a Shad 48 topcase and Shad 36 sidecases and am mostly happy with them. 

What a great bike for riding up and down the California coast. It's a zippy corner carver that's happy with whatever high speed or low speed corners you throw at it, and it's also content to tick off miles on the freeway...

• Premium Member
I guess it feels really narrow to me compared to the Road Glide Ultra I just got rid of, that thing was a nightmare to lane split with. I have ordered the hard bags just waiting for the parts to come in, I like how they can be removed so easy if you don't want them on. Anxious to put some miles on her after riding a 850 lb. bike for so long.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

Archived