New guy from Socal

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
  Just picked up a grey (black) one yesterday.  I wasn't even looking for a bike.  I went to the dealershipwith my wife two days ago, so she could size up a Honda NC700.  My current mount is an '03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000, and I was hoping to sit on the new big V-Strom or the new Kawasaki Versys 1000.  I did not expect them to have an FJ in stock.  As it turns out, they didn't have either 1000, but they did have an FJ-09!  It fit me perfect and I fell in love!  We then checked out the Honda for her and went home.  When we got home, I did a flurry of research and decided the FJ was going to be my next bike.  My wife could not help notice my excitement, and asked me if I wanted to go pick it up!!!(for my 50th birthday in a couple weeks)  She said since we were planning on upgrading her bike, we could get me one too, and call them 50th birthday presents... 

I was was at the dealership when they opened the next morning and the rest is history...

Oh yeah, and if anyone is interested, they still have a red one...   ;)

• Premium Member
Oops! 
I meant to post this under the New Members Introduction forum.

I'm old.
Moved. ;) 
Welcome aboard. Which dealership and how was your experience?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Oops! 
I meant to post this under the New Members Introduction forum.

I'm old.
Moved. ;) 
Welcome aboard. Which dealership and how was your experience?

+ 1 
lots of SoCal folks in here....

Ive got bites at T.O. Motorsports and Berts

• Premium Member
Thanks for the kind welcome.  Sorry for the delayed response to the dealership question, but I was out riding all day(of course)....   Anyway,  everything at the dealership went smooth.  They started prepping the bike while I was in Finance, and then I went home to get my gear and my wife.   By the time we got back, the bike was ready,  he went over the controls with me, and I rode her home! (the bike, not my wife :P).    Everything on the bike seems to be in order...

• Premium Member
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it was Fun Bike Center!
Ah, Sandy Eggo. We call that "southern", southern California. I live 3-1/2 hours north of you and that is still Southern California. What a long state! 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Welcome socal! I am jealous of you CA guys. It's in the teens here, and in single digits with the wind chill. Hopefully, tomorrow I get to mount the heated grips and take her for a real ride.
Not sure where "here" is that is in the teens (did some searching, I guess that is NJ?), but we are expecting 77 Degrees today (sorry)! Have a ride planned to fully test out the handling abilities of the FJ and will report back. I have 3/8 of an inch left to scrub off the sides of my tires from the last twisty run I did. Hoping I get the confidence soon to really rail it, while keeping the revs down until the break in is done. 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived