Leaking Clutch Cover

I've got around 5,000 miles on my FJ and recently noticed the clutch cover leaking slightly. There is oil visible on the clutch cover around the gasket area from about the 8 o'clock to 4 o'clock position. Washed it and it reappeared. I've seen posts about the seal around the cam, but not the clutch. She's headed to the shop this morning since I've already got the gasket on me. Anyone had any trouble with clutch covers leaking?

I've got around 5,000 miles on my FJ and recently noticed the clutch cover leaking slightly. There is oil visible on the clutch cover around the gasket area from about the 8 o'clock to 4 o'clock position. Washed it and it reappeared. I've seen posts about the seal around the cam, but not the clutch. She's headed to the shop this morning since I've already got the gasket on me. Anyone had any trouble with clutch covers leaking?

Was your bike subject to the recall? If so, it might be compromised somehow from the work.

Has your bike been over on the rh side? Sometimes a collision can cause this too.

-Skip

I went in this morning and they installed the gasket while I waited. I had the gasket since I was going to do the job myself, but the shop said they'd take care of it. That was the only issue, so now I'm riding my bike in its top condition. Figured I'd mention it in case there were more owners reporting clutch cover leaks.

Archived