Front brake rotor

Has anyone tried the Galfer wave rotor? One of my rotors has been warped for a while now and I need to get it replaced. I'm considering doing this soon as my front tire is wearing out. Not sure if I should stick with OEM and swap out the warped one, or get two new rotors up front. Any input would be appreciated.

• Premium Member
is it definitely warped? Sometimes you can get pulsing at the lever as the rotor has a build up of pad material in one or more spots. A wire brush and some brake cleaner may be all that is needed.

If it has warped how did you do it? Have you changed to a more aggressive pad, done track days or just a demon rider on the road?

If you are changing rotors do it in pairs unless you have really low mileage the new rotor may be a different thickness to the replacement.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

is it definitely warped? Sometimes you can get pulsing at the lever as the rotor has a build up of pad material in one or more spots. A wire brush and some brake cleaner may be all that is needed.  
If it has warped how did you do it? Have you changed to a more aggressive pad, done track days or just a demon rider on the road?

If you are changing rotors do it in pairs unless you have really low mileage the new rotor may be a different thickness to the replacement.

Aftermarket brake levers can also be poor fitting and cause the brake to stick on. Something to check if you have fitted different levers.

They can lock up the brakes or warp a rotor in a hurry.
-Skip

My bike is stock. I've noticed the pulsing for a while now. I tried cleaning the rotor off but I'm pretty sure this is from external forces. My bike is used for commuting and it may have been bumped while parked. I've got 12k miles on it now. We will see when I remove the front wheel. I've had this issue on another bike from using a rotor ulock and forgetting to remove it >.< the FJ feels the same.

Maybe I'll skip the oil part unless there is no improvement after using brake cleaner.
Yes, definitely don't use oil. I didn't realize that was part of the video I linked. Sorry about that.

Archived