Sovereign Stat of Alabama

freebooter

Hello, I bought my FJ-09 in May. Love the bike but the seat sucks. I might trade it in on a Tenerebut if not I will get me a new seat AND windshield.
"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
I who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky.
The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing.
Rush in and die, dogs — I was a man before I was a king!" -- from t poem "The Road of Kings" by Robt. E. Howard

• Premium Member
Hello and welcome! You will find lots of advice here to make your FJ9 the bike you want. Spend a little time researching here and a little money on upgrades and I think you will be very happy with your choice. No need to cut and run.

Guest highplainsrider
How many miles have you ridden it? I have had many bikes and never felt the need to change seats once I got used to them. Give it a couple thousand miles before you make any drastic changes. My last bike was a Hypermotard and really liked being able to stretch out over the passenger part of the seat on long rides. I really missed it for a while. I actually find the FJ-09 more comfortable now. I'm 5'10" and I felt cramped with the seat on the highest setting. Putting the seat in the lower position made it more comfortable for some odd reason. 

I though about the Super T before I bought the FJ. It looks like an awesome bike but man that is a lot of weight. I wanted to stay light especially coming from a sub 400 pound Ducati.

I did swap the windshield though. Followed my rule and gave it a full 2,000 miles before changing it to a Puig screen. Way quieter and better protection. I think it is going to be hot in the summer but I'll just take it off and take the air if it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys.
"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
I who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky.
The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing.
Rush in and die, dogs — I was a man before I was a king!" -- from t poem "The Road of Kings" by Robt. E. Howard

Archived