Error 060

krakental

• Premium Member
YCC-T error - Yamaha Chip Control Throttle error.

Is the bike running? If so I would ignore it as it may have been a glitch, especially if you pressed the starter or switched off the ignition before the initial self test was completed.

If the bike is not running then I'm not sure what is wrong - I'd start by disconnecting the battery, wait a minute and then reconnect the power to force a complete reset of the ECU. Also check for any loose connections.

After that I would get the bike to a Yamaha dealer as they can interrogate the ECU further.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Is the bike running? If so I would ignore it as it may have been a glitch, especially if you pressed the starter or switched off the ignition before the initial self test was completed.

If the bike is not running then I'm not sure what is wrong - I'd start by disconnecting the battery, wait a minute and then reconnect the power to force a complete reset of the ECU. Also check for any loose connections.

After that I would get the bike to a Yamaha dealer as they can interrogate the ECU further.
Haha, Wessie is of the Windows generation. Always power down and reboot before you do any further fault finding, if all else fails do a hard re-set.

• Premium Member
There's a fuse in the circuit too - found the diagnostic page now - the manual states to do exactly what I have said abve, there are connectionc to the ECU, servo motor. Fuse is the "throttle valve fuse" - this is in fuse box 1 under the seat, 7.5A, one of the two in the middle - pictures in the owner's manual.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

Haha, Wessie is of the Windows generation. Always power down and reboot before you do any further fault finding, if all else fails do a hard re-set.

Spent 15 years in Xerox production as a technician. Working in everything from making the circuit boards, wiring harnesses and final assembly.

Junior colleague, "I've tried everything, it won't work." Me, "have you given it a kick up the arse." JC, "what?" I walk around the back and pull out the power cord or throw the circuit breaker on the 3 phase monsters. Reconnect, whirr, click, ready to print. Either that or lots of smoke when you bridge the fuse with pliers.

Generally, if the 7.5a fuse for the YCCT blows, the bike will still start and idle. But you won't have any throttle control, so twisting the throttle does nothing.

Replace fuse and see if it happens again. If so, you nay need further troubleshooting.

There is a diagnostic code that will actuate the YCCT system.

Sometimes that fuse blows if battery voltage gets low. Usually when performing a jumpstart to the bike because the battery is just a bit low, will do it.

As a foot note, NEVER jump start your bike from a RUNNING Automobile. Simply connecting the cables to the battery when the car is off will provide enough current.

HTH,
Skip

Archived