UPDATED: Pickwick Lake day ride

1moreroad

• Premium Member
EDIT FOR DATE, LOCATION

WHAT: Day ride around Pickwick Lake on Saturday January 30

WHERE: R&B BBQ in Counce, TN at 11 am

~ 150 miles with a loop north of the lake and ~ 100 mile loop south of the lake.  Mix of state highway and county roads.

Pickwick Lake is a dam'ed portion of the Tennessee River where Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi meet.

• Premium Member
Or I could read this thread instead of messaging you. :)

Jan 29 is better for me only because my family is at work/school most of the day.

Maybe we just watch the weather forecast and decide a few days out?

• Premium Member
Any thoughts about days? Right now Friday is supposed to be high of 50 and sunny. Saturday is supposed to be high of 60 with a 20% chance of rain.

Then there's this on Friday in Memphis at the Orpheum which makes me think Saturday would be better: startrek_thumbnail_updated-f3135bd44a.jpg
My son and I went to something similar with Star Wars music at the FedEx Forum maybe 4 or 5 years ago and really enjoyed it.

What restaurant do you like in Counce at 11? I only know one or two places in Savannah, and I'm always up to trying new and recommended places.

• Premium Member
Saturday's good.  As for the meet n eat... I don't have actual experience with any of the Counce places so we can meet up in Savannah just as easy - or Corinth since your going thru there anyway.  I'll go with your recommendation no problem.

The thing about Counce is it's off season so some of those places I'm thinking of won't open for lunch.  There's a place called R and B BBQ that's got a couple of good reviews and serves breakfast so I'm sure they will be open for lunch.  

• Premium Member
Good ride today. 408 miles from my house. About 185 miles together.

Good BBQ at R&B in Counce. Apparently the TAT goes through Counce, so the waitresses knew all about ADV bikes.

Good sweepers all day. Mix of goat trails and good pavement. 1 water crossing. 2 dead ends (I swear the GPS show the "roads" going through.  Sorry @javashot1 ).  Er, maybe more.

Lauderdale County (LC) 14 and LC-1 around Waterloo are both very good roads with nice views of Pickwick Lake but BE CAREFUL because it's unpaved and over the hill in a corner once you hit the TN line.

227 and 242 around Iron City were good.

California Branch Road and 203 around Collinwood were good.

Archived