Motorcycle cover

• Premium Member
What's the folded up size of the Dowco Guardian? I'm wondering if it will use up too much luggage space. It looks beefier than my current cover, which is a bit small for the FJ-09.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

What's the folded up size of the Dowco Guardian? I'm wondering if it will use up too much luggage space. It looks beefier than my current cover, which is a bit small for the FJ-09.
This is what Dowco says - Shipping Size 16 x 13 x 6 Whether you can get it back that small after use is doubtful, IMO.  But this is a quick reference size I guess.  My present light weight cover came rolled up in a polyester bag a little bigger than a 12 oz can, and I can get it back in there easily.

Yeah the cover is quite beefy. However there was room to spare in the box it shipped in so don't go by that (probably because they make one box for all cover sizes and there are bigger ones). I can get it into my Nelson-Rigg CL-1060 tail bag - but only just. This my "everyday home use, I want something that will last a while and keep the bike bone dry" cover. For touring use you probably want to pick up something lighter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived