Eee Tea...from England

eeetea

Hello all, EeeTea here from England, where FJ-09s are a bit of rarity, but, thankfully, Tracers are getting popular.

Picked mine up yesterday (new registration plates come out on the 1st March).

First ride was chilled...3 deg C for 120 miles in rain and sleet and sunshine and mizzle. Yuk. Great bike though..except...

...And here's the thing. That ride has set up RSI in my clutch hand. By the time I got back from the dealer I could only change gear by taking my hand off the grip and pulling the clutch from above. Severe shooting pain up my arm. I've never had that before.

That thing has the hardest clutch spring I have ever encountered...this is my eighth bike I've owned and I'm a high mileage rider for the last 15 years.

Don't know what I'm going to do TBH...I'm going forum searching for starters!
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Hello all, EeeTea here from England, where FJ-09s are a bit of rarity, but, thankfully, Tracers are getting popular. 
Picked mine up yesterday (new registration plates come out on the 1st March).

First ride was chilled...3 deg C for 120 miles in rain and sleet and sunshine and mizzle. Yuk. Great bike though..except...

...And here's the thing. That ride has set up RSI in my clutch hand. By the time I got back from the dealer I could only change gear by taking my hand off the grip and pulling the clutch from above. Severe shooting pain up my arm. I've never had that before.

That thing has the hardest clutch spring I have ever encountered...this is my eighth bike I've owned and I'm a high mileage rider for the last 15 years.

Don't know what I'm going to do TBH...I'm going forum searching for starters!
That's about 37 deg F for us on this side of the pond - no fun! 
You might check the routing of the clutch cable to make sure there aren't any sharp turns in it.  I'm still not sure about mine, it takes a pretty sharp turn coming off the lever.

Any feedback or pictures of theirs from other members could be helpful.

Hi thanks for the wellcomes...I sounded a bit gripey there didn't I. Didn't mean to...I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with you all.

:)
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
check the position of the levers to the bars - ideally, if you place your hand flat on the top of the grip, stretch your fingers straight to rest on the lever then there should be a straight line through your wrist to your elbow. If your wrist is bent then this will apply pressure to your nerves.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Thnx Wessie, I'll have fiddle with it and see if I can get more comfortable.

Archived