• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

And another new member from Europe - This time: Norway

Rahza

Hey!

I've been drooling on the MT-09 Tracer since I saw it a week before launch a few weeks back.... I was dropping of my Honda Grom (MSX125) for service and told the shop I was looking to replace my Yamaha Bolt (XV950R) with a different bike cause it's just not my kind of bike... Expensive lesson learned after buying it new early 2014, then it dropped about 15% in price when selling it the year after, and in addition thre was a  cut in taxes so it dropped yet another 10%.. 

Anyhow... I'll be testriding the Tracer as soon as the snow has cleared and the shop allows me (there's a lot of salt on the roads for quite some time into spring), which I hope will be very soon. 

Compared to most motorcyclists in Norway I do ride in the winter as well, on snow and ice, which is what I've got the Honda Grom for, but I'm planning on using the Tracer in winter as well... I'll just make sure to prepare it better for winter than I did with the poor Grom which has a rusted rear-axle now :-/

So.. Heated handgrips is a must, studded tyres are too, then I'll be looking for a skidplate if any exists and then I'll have a company treat it with oil to prevent oxygen to hit the metals making it rust (they are really doing that with cars mostly, but have some experience with bikes as well).

I'm a sucker for the Race-blue colors so that will be my pick, even if it's hard to keep clean... 

And lastly: Thank you for running a forum like this, I very much appreciate it and usually find a lot of info when it comes to selecting and owning a bike... Previous to this I've been on some American Bolt and Grom forums which has helped me a lot.

Enjoy your FJ09's, hopefully I'll be one of you in a short while ;)

• Premium Member
Hey! 
I've been drooling on the MT-09 Tracer since I saw it a week before launch a few weeks back.... I was dropping of my Honda Grom (MSX125) for service and told the shop I was looking to replace my Yamaha Bolt (XV950R) with a different bike cause it's just not my kind of bike... Expensive lesson learned after buying it new early 2014, then it dropped about 15% in price when selling it the year after, and in addition thre was a  cut in taxes so it dropped yet another 10%.. 

Anyhow... I'll be testriding the Tracer as soon as the snow has cleared and the shop allows me (there's a lot of salt on the roads for quite some time into spring), which I hope will be very soon. 

Compared to most motorcyclists in Norway I do ride in the winter as well, on snow and ice, which is what I've got the Honda Grom for, but I'm planning on using the Tracer in winter as well... I'll just make sure to prepare it better for winter than I did with the poor Grom which has a rusted rear-axle now :-/

So.. Heated handgrips is a must, studded tyres are too, then I'll be looking for a skidplate if any exists and then I'll have a company treat it with oil to prevent oxygen to hit the metals making it rust (they are really doing that with cars mostly, but have some experience with bikes as well).

I'm a sucker for the Race-blue colors so that will be my pick, even if it's hard to keep clean... 

And lastly: Thank you for running a forum like this, I very much appreciate it and usually find a lot of info when it comes to selecting and owning a bike... Previous to this I've been on some American Bolt and Grom forums which has helped me a lot.

Enjoy your FJ09's, hopefully I'll be one of you in a short while ;)
You are a trooper and a half to ride in the winter with studded tires!!! We don't have the blue over here in the states, so I will be very interested to see a picture of one. The salt from the road is killer on metal, so a good cleaning often is required to keep the rust down. I love your country and hope to ride there one of these years. The wife and I had planned an Alps motorcycle trip next September, but a dirt bike accident pretty much cancelled that idea. Good luck with the snow and the future purchase, and please post pictures when you get them.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

you've got a Grom too?!?!?  
jeez!

oh and welcome to the site!!
Thanks for the welcome :) 
And yeah, I pre-orderred the Yamaha Bolt in september '13 for delivery in april '14, but realized (after a week of driving my car to work again after a 6 month leave) that I would not spend my days stuck in traffic.... So I read up on winter-riding, looked around for bikes to use, and thought the Grom would be a nice bike to try it with considering the relative low price and the very low weight, and thus got one with studless winter tyres.

Haven't dropped it yet but had a lot of fun tryin out slippery roads... I even recorded and posted parts of my daily commute on youtube: 
The original sound was just wind so I just put some lame youtube-standard music over it..

Guest eatpasta
Haha, actually the Grom is studless, but studs will be bought for next season :P 
Honestly it's not hard to ride on icey or snowy roads, as long as you have tyres for it and use your head
dont you try to belittle or down-play your hero status 

Archived