ECU Fueling Adjustments???

Not sure if we have anyone in here who is trying to make fueling adjustments via the ECU the way the world spec bikes can. I picked up this off the SuperTen forums...it might be applicable to the FJ too. I do not know, I have not tried...but if there are some enterprising people out there this may be a way around the US block on the CO controls on the US spec bikes...I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on this one.
"Ground the light mint green wire that is coming out of the tip-over sensor under the rear pillion seat.
By grounding this wire, you can then access the diagnostic mode and make adjustments to the CO settings.

He did say to only make a maximum of 7 point jump in each setting at a time and try it.
I guess this was also an issue on the FJR.

I connected a wire with quick disconnect on the end to he able to access the function once the seat is back in place.
He did not say if there was an issue leaving it grounded so I made it easy to remove when finished with the adjustment.
I just tried it and it does work as described. I increased each from 0 to +8. I will try it and see what difference it makes."
You can get more details here...
Linky to Conversation

Archived