On board from Sacramento

Hi everyone,

Purchased the bike at PCP Motorsports Sacramento a week ago. So very excited about this motorcycle. My greatest challenge at this time is attempting to keep the revs down and generally enduring the break in period. I feel like I have a beast to unleash and can't wait to realize more of the potential of the FJ-09. I've scheduled the 600 mile service, but it's spring, shops are busy and my appointment can't come soon enough!

My riding experience dates back to the 1970's on home made mini bikes. I've since owned many and have fond memories of most of those motorcycles. Yet, to this day my technical and mechanical knowledge and skills are not very developed. I love to ride 'em and appreciate their beauty, don't seem deeply interested in how they work though. Let's just say that Kevin Cameron's column is not my first read in the magazine. That's where the forum comes in, I hope to learn from the experiences and knowledge of the members here. My last experience with a moto-forum was back in 2002 when the Suzuki V-Strom was introduced. I found it very beneficial back then and expect this forum will be even better...

Thanks for being there!

Archived