Smoke on startup

Has anyone had any smoke on startup? The past two starts I've had a steamy exhaust. Decent amount of visible smoke. It's not blue and It doesn't really stink and disappears pretty quickly. Once it's warm there is none. Should I be concerned? The exhaust tip is wet almost like its water causing the smoke but I haven't had a concernable amount of rain.

• Premium Member
Condensation probably. Do you leave the bike for a few days between rides?

In the UK we are getting quite big temperature differentials from morning to night and periods of humidity. This is ideal weather for condensation to form in an exhaust and then for the moisture to accumulate at the lowest point.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
You could try sealing the end can so that air cannot enter. Just remember to remove the bung or polythene bag before you try to start the bike...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Condensation probably. Do you leave the bike for a few days between rides? 
In the UK we are getting quite big temperature differentials from morning to night and periods of humidity. This is ideal weather for condensation to form in an exhaust and then for the moisture to accumulate at the lowest point.

I skipped a day of riding. It is very humid and the temp is changing significantly between night and day. I think it is condensation as well.

Guest bruinfj09guy
I've see this a lot on all my bikes, particularly when there is a large temperature fluctuation and I start the bike in the morning. Ever feel the inside of a tent or a boat cabin when the sun goes down? I think the same thing happens inside the pipes and the moisture is still there if you start the bike in the morning.

Archived