New member in Edmonchuk

Just picked up my leftover gray '15 FJ-09 yesterday. Less than 100km so far but I can already tell this thing wants to get me in trouble :)

Hoping the seat and suspension soften up as some members have reported (the demo bike I rode was much smoother and more comfortable). Really like the ergo's though, just the right amount more aggressive than my Wee.

First farkles will likely be some luggage and/or tank bag. I couldn't bring myself to cough up the kind of dough they wanted for the factory bags when it seems there are cheaper and better aftermarket options. Might go with soft bags but I do like having a lock just in case. Decisions, decisions!

• Premium Member
Congratulations, and welcome.....

Seat doesn't really soften up, but there are options for replacement seats. And Suspension can be modified to fit you easy enough.

You will love the bike, we all do......

Just picked up my leftover gray '15 FJ-09 yesterday. Less than 100km so far but I can already tell this thing wants to get me in trouble :) 
Hoping the seat and suspension soften up as some members have reported (the demo bike I rode was much smoother and more comfortable). Really like the ergo's though, just the right amount more aggressive than my Wee.

First farkles will likely be some luggage and/or tank bag. I couldn't bring myself to cough up the kind of dough they wanted for the factory bags when it seems there are cheaper and better aftermarket options. Might go with soft bags but I do like having a lock just in case. Decisions, decisions!

Congrats, I got my '15 gray a few months ago and am quite pleased with it after spending a bit on this and that (especially since it's the fastest color, just like every other color). 
Regarding side bags, do your research on this excellent forum first.  One thought is the Shad SH-36 - they hold a full face helmet (the stockers won't) and seem to be liked by most of the forum folks who have bought them.  I have them, and I think they are an excellent bag for street riders and non adventure bike types.

Have fun!  Oh, and BTW you will have to expound on that screen name sometime ;) .

Thanks guys.

I've been sponging up the info on seats, screens, and luggage, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on any of them just yet. I tend to over-research everything, and I'm not in a big hurry :)

Not much of a story to my name; it started with a character named Skink in Carl Hiaasen's novels that I adopted as a screen name many years ago, and that just morphed over time (usually due to names already being taken).

Thanks guys.  
I've been sponging up the info on seats, screens, and luggage, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on any of them just yet. I tend to over-research everything, and I'm not in a big hurry :)

Not much of a story to my name; it started with a character named Skink in Carl Hiaasen's novels that I adopted as a screen name many years ago, and that just morphed over time (usually due to names already being taken).
Come on, spend some money, we all do. 
So I see -

"As popular as Clinton Tyree (aka Skink) had been with the common folk of Florida, he stood no chance – none whatsoever – of disabling the machinery of greed and converting the legislature into a body of foresight and honest ethics. It was boggling to think a sane person would even try."

Sounds like a familiar story line - California has a similar one going with it's Coastal Commission and Charles Lester.

Come on, spend some money, we all do.
Oh don't worry, it's coming. I'm just picky is all...

So I see - 
"As popular as Clinton Tyree (aka Skink) had been with the common folk of Florida, he stood no chance – none whatsoever – of disabling the machinery of greed and converting the legislature into a body of foresight and honest ethics. It was boggling to think a sane person would even try."

Sounds like a familiar story line - California has a similar one going with it's Coastal Commission and Charles Lester.

Politics is politics. But most ex-politicians don't end up as a roadkill-eating hermit, as far as I'm aware! :D

Archived