Fixed A TCS Issue

My 2015 FJ had what appeared to be a traction control issues the other day. Pulling off at low speed, TCS engaged, chopping the throttle. The ABS light came on and left me with no front brake. Shut off and tried again, no change. Disabled TCS and rode home no problem. Next morning, same thing except I had code 069 on the display. Thanks to the forum, I discovered that's a front speed sensor issue. Found a post with pictures of the sensor (thanks again forum) and went to have a look. Removed sensor from housing, removed some debris from the end and wiped off the disk. Replaced everything and started up. No more TCS issues, all warning lights off, code cleared! Cancelled appointment with service department.
Anyone else experience this?

My 2015 FJ had what appeared to be a traction control issues the other day. Pulling off at low speed, TCS engaged, chopping the throttle. The ABS light came on and left me with no front brake. Shut off and tried again, no change. Disabled TCS and rode home no problem. Next morning, same thing except I had code 069 on the display. Thanks to the forum, I discovered that's a front speed sensor issue. Found a post with pictures of the sensor (thanks again forum) and went to have a look. Removed sensor from housing, removed some debris from the end and wiped off the disk. Replaced everything and started up. No more TCS issues, all warning lights off, code cleared! Cancelled appointment with service department. Anyone else experience this?

the very first time I rode the bike after bringing it home I got that code. I found that the dealer had not installed the ABS sensor correctly (there was an extra spacer) so the bike wasn't detecting the movement of the front wheel. Took the spacer out and have never had a problem since.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
So i just had this exact issue. Somehow the bracket on the front ABS sensor got slightly bent and was too far away from the rotor. Pounded the bracket flat and all was well.
I want to give a huge shout of thanks to Skydvrd for posting this. I thought I was having some weird fueling issue. This was much easier to fix.

Cheers, Happy FJ owner
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• 3 weeks later...

Archived