New member from California

mechnic13

Hi there fellow riders , after lurking for a few months on the forum I've finally joined . purchased my FJ 09 December 6th 2014 to replace my aging 01 FZ1 as my daily commuter . I ride a round trip of 90 miles per day and find the FJ to be more comfortable than the FZ1 . lookin forward to makin it my own .

• Premium Member
Welcome to the club. I bought my Fj to replace my 03 Fz1. I was surprised in the big difference between the bikes and I'm really liking the Fj so far.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Guest eatpasta
Hi there fellow riders , after lurking for a few months on the forum I've finally joined . purchased my FJ 09 December 6th 2014 to replace my aging 01 FZ1 as my daily commuter . I ride a round trip of 90 miles per day and find the FJ to be more comfortable than the FZ1 . lookin forward to makin it my own .
  Oh....ANOTHER guy from California....  ::)

and it sounds like your commute is just about as bad as mine!  Where are you comin from/goin to in the morning?

as you may or may not know from your lurking, my commute is 100 miles but I only do it on mondays and fridays so its not all that bad. 

how many miles do you have on the FZ1?

• Premium Member
Welcome, I had a first Gen FZ1 that I loved. Did tons of mods to that one also including the indicator upgrade to get digital speedometer and outside temperature. You will enjoy this bike. I drive/ride 45 miles each way like you and find the FJ very comfortable.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
I commute 45 miles each way from Beaumont to Cathedral city daily . Ive had FZ1 for 3 and a half years , had 22,000 when i got it , now has 68,000 . FZ1 has been extremely reliable , comfotable , and great for splitting lanes .
 I would bet your average highway speed out there in the desert is relatively......high

Guest eatpasta
Welcome aboard!! 
::Grumble Grumble.. Another CA rider that can actually ride now, unlike us in the NE::
yeah yesterday was a real bear.  It was kinda foggy so I had to put on a long sleeve under my jacket 
O_o

Archived