What's in Your Tire Repair Kit?

caferacer

I bought a kit from a US supplier which has the compressor and puncture kit all in one, we can only get as separates in the UK so imported it - Stop-n-Go, have it indirectly connected to the battery as it would blow the fuse using the 'cig lighter' socket.

Have used the compressor to help a mate out and it worked well, hoping I'll never have to use it myself.

I bought a kit from a US supplier which has the compressor and puncture kit all in one, we can only get as separates in the UK so imported it - Stop-n-Go, have it indirectly connected to the battery as it would blow the fuse using the 'cig lighter' socket. 
Have used the compressor to help a mate out and it worked well, hoping I'll never have to use it myself.
Here's one from Revzilla for $65 with free shipping - http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/stop-go-tubeless-puncture-pilot#overview_tab 
Stop And Go Tubeless Puncture Pilot
Features:

Make on-the-wheel tubeless tire repair and reinflate on the spot
Contains 15 rubber plugs with all required installation tools
Contains compact Mini-Air Compressor that runs off of Power Point, alligator clips or Battery Tender connector
4" tire valve hose with sports needle and inflatable adapter
Complete with canvas case (7" x 4' x 3") and weighs 1.7 lbs
6 amp draw

• Premium Member
...Stop n Go...
Wessie, how do you like this compressor? The size is just right to fit under the seat. It looks like a good product (duh...wessie said it was), and will inflate our rear tire in under 10 min. CO2 sure is nice an quick, but bloody expensive. 
I purchased Dynaplug to plug the punctures.

I've used it a few times - it works well. Ideally, you need a right angle adapter for the front wheel as the there isn't one on the end of the pipe. I have one I picked up free from a tyre fitter a while ago but they are cheap on Ebay. Don't leave it on the valve stem when riding. I keep it in the oddment pocket of my tank bag so it is easily accessible on the road. 

At home, I use the meatier compressor that sits in the boot of the car as it has a 90 degree bend on the pipe and it has longer power lead so I can do the bike and car all at the same time just using the 12V socket in the car which has a larger fuse rating. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
oh, don't rely on the dial gauge - it is wildly inaccurate. A pencil type, slider gauge is more reliable and again, lives in the tank bag when on a road trip.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Ideally, you need a right angle adapter for the front wheel as the there isn't one on the end of the pipe. I have one I picked up free from a tyre fitter a while ago but they are cheap on Ebay. Don't leave it on the valve stem when riding. I keep it in the oddment pocket of my tank bag so it is easily accessible on the road.
During the next tire change you can get angled valve stems installed, such as http://www.ebay.com/bhp/angled-valve-stems. I had them on my connie, and really liked them.

Archived