Peg Replacement

cameron12x

I purchased FZ6 pegs in an effort to reduce some of the buzz the riders have reported in the stock pegs.

So, I replaced the right-side peg without any problems.  Just a cotter pin removal and that's about it.  The left-side peg is another story.  Has anyone tried to remove it?  

What tool would you need?  Or would you have to drill it out?

TIA!

• Premium Member
Easy weasy, Use a drill slightly bigger than the rivet mushroom and drill it until the mushroom falls off (the squeezed mushroom, not the flat head). Then it will pop out. Of course you will need to buy a bolt and nut. Use a lock nut by the way.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thanks for all of the tips, everyone...  much appreciated!

The FZ6 pegs did indeed come with all of that hardware.  Thanks for posting the image.

The radiator guard is on its way from China, Kevin.  Might be a few weeks before I have it in hand.  Will post up pics when I do.

• Premium Member
Easy weasy, Use a drill slightly bigger than the rivet mushroom and drill it until the mushroom falls off (the squeezed mushroom, not the flat head). Then it will pop out. Of course you will need to buy a bolt and nut. Use a lock nut by the way.
The FZ6 pegs come complete with replacement hardware. $(KGrHqVHJEgFGp,rfWswBRtrm3PLi!~~60_12.JPG

Even easier, thanks. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fzrcraig
The FZ6 pegs look great. Has anyone replaced the passenger pegs with a peg with a rubber insert? What did you use?

thanks,

craig

A touring bike should come with rubber foot pegs. So funny, after years on the FJR sites, where some are hot to put pegs on that don't have rubber, then here where some want the rubber. Just think if the MFR. would give you that option before you picked up the bike.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived