Motion Pro clutch cable issue

Ordered a [em]Motion Pro[/em] clutch cable without the metal pipe at the lever end. Installed it, and the pull at the lever was very heavy! I didn't like it and was sure Mary with her smaller/less strong hands would not tolerate it at all. After much head scratching & trying this and that I came upon the problem. The nylon/plastic piece which sits over the metal end that fits into the lever was larger diameter than the stock nylon/plastic piece and was dragging/binding as it tried to rotate as the lever was pulled. The hole in the lever where the cable fits measured 8.2mm, the plastic/nylon piece on the Motion Pro cable was ~ 8.4mm. Fortunately I had a small round barrel-shaped sanding tool for my Dremel and after 2-3 times using the sanding tool was able to open the hole in the clutch lever enough that it wasn't binding anymore (finished polishing the hole with 600 wet/dry for smoothness). Works great now, pull & release is very easy & smooth.Haven't called [em]Motion Pro[/em] yet, but will give then a heads up on this.

I took my aftermarket clutch lever off and inspected the hole where the cable end fitted in. The I.D. measured .324 inch. Next I inspected the brass cable end and the plastic sleeve that fit over it. The plastic sleeve had a burr which I removed, O.D. measured .314. Roughly .010 clearance. The brass cable end looked like it had been sanded but there still was a rough spot. I smoothed that out, greased everything with lithium grease and put it back together. Super smooth now.
john

I took my aftermarket clutch lever off and inspected the hole where the cable end fitted in. The I.D. measured .324 inch. Next I inspected the brass cable end and the plastic sleeve that fit over it. The plastic sleeve had a burr which I removed, O.D. measured .314. Roughly .010 clearance. The brass cable end looked like it had been sanded but there still was a rough spot. I smoothed that out, greased everything with lithium grease and put it back together. Super smooth now. john
As mentioned, mine was binding; OD of the plastic/nylon sleeve was too large. What color was the sleeve on your Motion Pro clutch cable? And BTW, my cable end isn't brass, it's silver colored. 

The plastic sleeve was black and cable end was brass dipped in solder. When I put it back together, I put the cable end all the way into the lever, then installed the lever into the perch. I did it that way to make sure the plastic sleeve didn't hang-up in the hole in the lever. Bottom line, the clutch is very smooth.
john

The plastic sleeve was black and cable end was brass dipped in solder. When I put it back together, I put the cable end all the way into the lever, then installed the lever into the perch. I did it that way to make sure the plastic sleeve didn't hang-up in the hole in the lever. Bottom line, the clutch is very smooth. john
My nylon/plastic sleeve is white, and as mentioned the cable end was not brass. White sleeve is visibly thicker than the black sleeve on a stock cable. Took me a while to figure out what the issue was but once I saw the difference was quite noticeable.E-mailed Motion Pro about the issue, but haven't heard back. Think I'll call then now that I have info that they're supplying different "finished" cables for the same product. BTW, did the same mounting/hookup process. 

Archived