FJ09 Tracer suspension

tracertastic

Hi All, firstly let me say this forum has been fantastic and
I’ve been lurking in the background reading and learning lots! Your knowledge has helped me get my Tracer to nearly where I need it!! There’s only a couple of things left to do now, ECU flash and the suspension which is what I’m hoping you can help with. I’ve bought a ZX10r rear shock and am looking for rear spring suggestions (ohlins/hyperpro etc?) I’m nearly 16 stone 220lb geared up so the original spring will be all but useless, also does anyone have
any base settings for preload/rebound/comp with this weight?Finally I was going to go for the Andreani cartridge upgrade but after reading Pattonme's thoughts on the Andreani's I'm reluctant, but don't want to spend more than £500 ($625 on upgrading the forks), so I was thinking, would I just
be better with linear springs for my weight, again ohlins or another brand? Since I’ve bought the bike it’s had the horrendous death weave, I mean it was
bad! I’m used to riding sports bikes and sometimes being aggressive in the
twisties, with the throttle and brakes and although I know this bike isn’t the same, I do want to have some fun with my friends on their sports bikes when we go to the mountains in Europe! I’ve set the suspension up and am very nearly maxed out preload front and
rear and still have 50mm of sag, however the weave is nearly all but gone after the last preload adjustment (you can feel it trying to weave but it’scontrollable), I think dropping the yolkes 5mm should be enough to stop it (next to try),this is the reason I’m thinking maybe just springs are best as I don’t want to
spend £800 - £1000 on Ohlins fork internals!!Any advice would be hugely helpful, sorry for the long post and thanks!!

Here are my final settings:
Front forks:
Preload, 24/64 inch from top of fork cap to bottom of adjuster.
Rebound, 6 clicks out (ccw) from full in.
Rear shock:
Rebound, 1.25 turns out (ccw) from full in.
Preload, position 5 from full soft.
** top of fork tube is just sticking a hair thickness above the top triple tree clamp**

Try these settings...I'm 185# geared up and enjoy the settings but I do wish I had a few more # on me with these settings it would be better...I found these settings after reading thru a few different forum threads and found these settings to be very very similar across the threads I read over...I'm 92-95% happy with the settings but I'm a bit light for the stock rear shock valving so it just needs to be corrected for my weight and it will be 95%+ good enough for me...currently really tall frost heaves that are 3 inches or taller will give me a little seat bounce which can be solved with a revalve...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I can send you the upgrade parts (loose and small assemblies) to transform the front-end: my "Intermediate" level upgrade as it were. You just have to pay a suspension guy on your end to do the retrofit. I can also send you complete cartridges, ready to drop in and go for about $330 with springs. But shipping will add a healthy $60-80 I think.

I can send you the upgrade parts (loose and small assemblies) to transform the front-end: my "Intermediate" level upgrade as it were. You just have to pay a suspension guy on your end to do the retrofit. I can also send you complete cartridges, ready to drop in and go for about $330 with springs. But shipping will add a healthy $60-80 I think.
Hi Pattonme, 
thanks for for chipping in on this, I'm really interested in both of these. What is the 'intermediate' upgrade? Also, are the cartridges a similar upgrade to the andreani ones (but obviously better ?) and would they give compression and rebound adjustment? Thanks

Archived