Tracer bars

wal

anyone know if the FZ09/MT09 handlebars are the same as the Tracer, are they the same width/rise......thanks 
FZ-09 bars are~ 2" narrower (31" vs 29"). Bend/rise is close to identical. MT/FJ stock clutch cable will not work with FZ bars, and neither will a stock FZ cable properly. You need a Motion Pro MT/FJ cable without the metal sleeve at the clutch lever end. And belief it or not, some of the holes in the bars for switch assemblies, etc. don't line up either; you have to drill new holes.That said, definitely like the feel of the narrower bars. But if I did it again, I'd just cut an inch off each end of the stockers, re-thread the bar ends &  measure one inch in for the switches and drill holes for them. 

anyone know if the FZ09/MT09 handlebars are the same as the Tracer, are they the same width/rise......thanks 
FZ-09 bars are~ 2" narrower (31" vs 29"). Bend/rise is close to identical. MT/FJ stock clutch cable will not work with FZ bars, and neither will a stock FZ cable properly. You need a Motion Pro MT/FJ cable without the metal sleeve at the clutch lever end. And belief it or not, some of the holes in the bars for switch assemblies, etc. don't line up either; you have to drill new holes.That said, definitely like the feel of the narrower bars. But if I did it again, I'd just cut an inch off each end of the stockers, re-thread the bar ends &  measure one inch in for the switches and drill holes for them.
thanks for info, stock bars make my wrists and forearms ache badly....ive seen a couple of options with Renthal bars in other posts i'll look in to also...

thanks for info, stock bars make my wrists and forearms ache badly....ive seen a couple of options with Renthal bars in other posts i'll look in to also...

I had the same problem, so I switched to Renthal bars with more sweep. I threaded the ends so I could use Yamaha weighted bar ends. They are the same thread pitch as FJ 09 OEM bars.  

Archived