Color matching the faster red bike.

Hmmm... paint the front fender fast red... Hmmm. I'll have to consider that. Please do post a photo when that's done. ?
Another option is to wait until the 2017 Candy Red FZ-09 hits the sales floors. It has a colored fender which can be ordered and should be a direct bolt on. $$$
That was my first option, the fender for a 2016 lists for about $160, but available online for about $130, so if I can do this myself for about $25, I'll go with that option. 
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

Hmmm... paint the front fender fast red... Hmmm. I'll have to consider that. Please do post a photo when that's done. ?
Another option is to wait until the 2017 Candy Red FZ-09 hits the sales floors. It has a colored fender which can be ordered and should be a direct bolt on. $$$
America is still getting the Lava Red for 2017 then? 

It's being dropped in the UK, theres a Mountain Green, Tech Black and Yam Blue for 2017. 

I bought my new red one a few months back, glad i did too, its my favourite colour for the bike! 

Just went on line to Pep Boys, they are offering 25% off at the moment for on-line orders so ordered the three cans, came to $20 with in-store pick-up.

Part numbers were:

Red: MC200
Silver basecoat: BGM0340 (this is a GM base silver, hope it is close to what OP used)
Clear: BCL0125

SoCal

Just went on line to Pep Boys, they are offering 25% off at the moment for on-line orders so ordered the three cans, came to $20 with in-store pick-up. 
Part numbers were:

Red: MC200
Silver basecoat: BGM0340 (this is a GM base silver, hope it is close to what OP used)
Clear: BCL0125

that silver should be fine.......it just needs to go on evenly, with no splotchy areas, because the red is translucent and it will show up if it is not super even......it's not even necessary that the silver go on super flat .....just needs to be even.... the red is then layered on in several coats, can be just 5 minutes apart or so, until the desired color is attained.....don't go too dark, you can't go backwards obviously..... pics when your are done!  

^Thanks. How thick/wet did you do you lay your clear, and did it take much buffing to get that nice gloss in the pic you posted? My past experience with rattle-can clears is that they don't have the best gloss.

they can produce equal gloss, it just comes down to having enough clear laid on so as to be able to wet sand it smooth and then bring back the gloss with the right compounds.....i probably did two medium coats followed by a wet coat that was just wet enough to not run.......i let that cure a few days, wet sanded with 400 and repeated the clear process, let cure a few days and wet sanded with 600 and then 1000 and then 2000, then machine polished with a medium cut machine compound followed by a final finish machine compound......gotta be really careful with the "cut and buff"......it's easy to screw up all your previous hard work.... i'd let the final product cure for week before mounting... 

^Thanks. How thick/wet did you do you lay your clear, and did it take much buffing to get that nice gloss in the pic you posted? My past experience with rattle-can clears is that they don't have the best gloss.

they can produce equal gloss, it just comes down to having enough clear laid on so as to be able to wet sand it smooth and then bring back the gloss with the right compounds.....i probably did two medium coats followed by a wet coat that was just wet enough to not run.......i let that cure a few days, repeated that clear process and a few days later wet sanded with 600 and then 1000 and then 2000, then machine polished with a medium cut machine compound followed by a final finish machine compound......gotta be really careful with the "cut and buff"......its easy to screw up all your previous hard work.... i'd let the final product cure for week before mounting... 
Excellent, thanks! 
SoCal

• Premium Member

It's being dropped in the UK, theres a Mountain Green, Tech Black and Yam Blue

Whoa... I would love to see one in Mountain Green! Anyone want to show a photo?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Thanks a lot for this, it'll save me a lot of the real stuff which is like double the price and I've been meaning to re-paint one part I couldn't re-order after a high-side because its not available anymore but I only scratched it!

Archived